ipl squads – baji999 app – IPL 2023: Mumbai Indians to miss MILLION DOLLAR arm in bowling? Australia coach concerned with Cameron Green’s bowling following injury, Follow LIVE Updates
IPL 2023: Cameron Green Injury Update – Mumbai Indians will be very nervous about Cameron Green’s latest injury update. The Rs 17.50 Cr Australian has returned to practice.
However, he is still some time away from resuming bowling. Cricket Australia will consult with Green’s surgeon on Monday before taking a call on his fate in Border-Gavaskar Trophy.
Green suffered a finger injury during SouthAfrica series and hasn’t recovered yet. Even if Green is available, Cricket Australia will give him a conditional NOC with WTC Final starting June 8.
Green had to undergo a surgery and hasn’t been in action since the SA series.
However, he has resumed practice in a two-day camp in Sydney. But Australia coach Andrew McDonald has virtually ruled him out of bowling.
“Where he’s positioned at the moment, his biggest challenge is bowling There is a lack of loading there. One of the key reasons around us getting into this camp early is to make sure that we’re ready to go for the rigours of what the bowling unit is going to encompass. Building confidence is the main thing, setting him up to succeed in that first Test match, having enough time, that will be the critical question,” McDonald told media in Sydney on Saturday.
McDonald had already sounded warning even before the auction. He said Green’s bowling workload would be closely monitored. Now with the injury, Cricket Australia are unlikely to allow him bowling even an over in IPL 2023. The reason is World Test Championship Final starting June 8.
“We haven’t received any such information from Cricket Australia yet. As far as Green is concerned, he is available for the full duration. But IPL is still two months away and it can change. Any future updates will be conveyed to the franchise in due course,” an IPL GC member told InsideSport.
Why is Cameron Green a concern for Mumbai Indians?
- Green has been out with finger injury since December 26.
- He had a surgery on the injured finger as he suffered a fracture.
- He is racing against time to be fit for India vs Australia Test series.
- Cricket Australia will consult with Green’s surgeon on Monday to understand his condition.
- In all likelihood, he is going to miss the Nagpur Test that starts on February 9.
- As for IPL 2023, he is likely to get a conditional NOC.
- In a conditional NOC, cricket boards put in certain conditions such as number of over can be bowled, matches to be played.
- As Green is struggling with finger injury, CA is unlikely to allow him to bowl throughout IPL with WTC Final on June 8.
- Australia are favourite to reach WTC Final as they are top of the WTC Standings.
- But their fate will depend on the result of Border-Gavaskar Trophy.
- Mumbai Indians need an explosive seam-bowling all-rounder after Kieron Pollard retired from IPL.
- MI splashed Rs 17.5 Cr on Green to fulfil the role.
With just 2 months left in IPL and a gruelling Test series before it, it remains to be seen if Cricket Australia allow Green to take part in IPL 2023 full-fledged.
“We value his batting first and foremost really, he’s a batter in our top six and we value that, his bowling is a bonus. A very nice bonus,” McDonald said.